Monday, June 11, 2012

scrap wood serving table







My shop makes most of it's yearly profits in the months, June, July & August (thank you summer residents & tourists).  Which keeps me busy, busy busy!   If postings are a little slow these upcoming months you will know why.

  I did make the time to work on my dining room.  I had almost everything I needed in place.

only two things in order for the room to be complete.

a serving table
and a light fixture



I had to make the serving table from scrap wood to stay under the small budget of $500 for the room

this is what I had to use









old planked door





wood planks from the scrap pile




the finished serving table (before I sanded and finished it)







here it is after I finished it





It will function as a place to set up a bar or some food when the room is being used for a gathering






I am going for a super simple farmhouse vibe.  I am keeping the space minimal with just a few accessories.  

The light fixture over the dining table was going to take up decent portion of the budget.  It was necessary, since my old was a ceiling mount.






 I did find one that I really liked on sale in a catalog and ordered it.  The light arrived damaged and was really poor quality so I sent it back. Which set me back about two weeks from having the room done.


The new one arrived today (from different company)  I think it will go well - I have not opened the box yet,  so we will see.  Once the light gets installed I am DONE. 


 here is a picture the new light fixture.








finished room photos and a break down of the budget later this week.

keeping busy, Lori









No comments:

Post a Comment