Wednesday, June 20, 2012

bleached wood








I received a few emails regarding how I got the "natural raw" look of the furniture that I re-did for my dining area. 









I sand the previous finish off the surface
put on some rubber gloves for the next part





then I wipe a slightly diluted mixture of clorox bleach and water onto the surface with a terry cloth rag


I have used many kinds of wood bleach, 
but this is my favorite & easiest



and let it dry in the sun
it is important that the sun is shining
warm weather helps too







I bleached the left side of this plank two times
 


 

after it is dry I will apply the bleach again, until I reach my desired shade of pale
(usually two or three times will do)




here is one side of an old barnwood plank that I bleached
using clorox and the sun







I love the look of bleached raw wood for certain style rooms



image from house to home

1 comment: